THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.
Speaker: Nick White, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP
A review of sports trade mark issues and examples, picking up on some of the key sports decisions and cases. The talk will also cover closely related topics such as image rights and passing off.
Nick will share some of his own experience from 17 years of working in the sports business and will address some of those issues unique to sport, or characteristic of it: tournament names, club badges, major event legislation and the names and characteristics of high profile individuals.
- 5.30pm - 6pm - Registration plus light refreshments
- 6pm - 7pm - Talk (entry is not permitted after 6.10pm)
- 7pm - Drinks Reception
This event is followed by networking drinks kindly sponsored by:
CPD: 1 hour (IPReg)
In-line with CITMA’s Environmental Policy, speaker handouts/presentations will be sent to all registered delegates via a link to the CITMA website 48 hours after the CITMA event.
Handouts will not be distributed in printed form at the event*.
- CITMA members: Free of charge
- Non-members: £40.00 (VAT exempt)
Please register via the 'Book & Pay' option. If you're not an CITMA member and don't have a CITMA account, at the 'Login' screen, simply select 'Register'. At the next screen, select the category 'Signed up' and complete your details in order to create an account.
- Payment online via debit or credit card only (if applicable); proforma invoices are not available.
- One booking per person.
- This event will be audio-recorded for the purposes of social media.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 9am, 13th July 2018.
* other than to those who are visually impaired.