Speaker: Santiago R. O'Conor, O'Conor & Power
The biggest Latin American countries are currently facing the challenges of an evolving IP landscape.
With a population –and number of potential consumers- of over 650.000.000 people from Mexico down to Argentina, the trade and commerce opportunities for foreign investors are enormous. In order to meet this demand, Trade Mark Offices of the region have updated and modernized their procedures.
This talk shall cover the latest trends happening in the decision maker countries in Latin America such as Argentina, Brazil, the Andean Pact countries and Mexico, with reference to: trade marks, territorial aspects, IP treaties, filing strategies, anticounterfeiting actions, domain names dispute proceedings, on-line infringements, pre-filing considerations and searches as well as kind of trade mark protection.
- 5.30pm - 6pm - Registration plus light refreshments
- 6pm - 7pm - Talk (entry is not permitted after 6.05pm)
- 7pm - Drinks Reception
This event is followed by networking drinks kindly sponsored by:
CPD: 1 hour (IPReg)
In-line with CITMA’s Environmental Policy, speaker handouts/presentations will be sent to all registered delegates via a link to the CITMA website 48 hours after the CITMA event.
Handouts will not be distributed in printed form at the event*.
- CITMA members: Free of charge
- Non-members: £40.00 (VAT exempt)
Please register via the 'Book & Pay' option. If you're not an CITMA member and don't have a CITMA account, at the 'Login' screen, simply select 'Register'. At the next screen, select the category 'Signed up' and complete your details in order to create an account.
- Payment online via debit or credit card only (if applicable); proforma invoices are not available.
- One booking per person.
- This event will be audio-recorded for the purposes of social media.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 1pm, 25th September 2018.
* other than to those who are visually impaired.