THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED.
If you would like to join the waiting list for the seminar, please email email@example.com
ITMA Designs Seminar
Wednesday 27 April, 2.30pm - 6pm followed by networking drinks
The ITMA Designs Seminar will provide a comprehensive review and analysis of a number of topical design law issues involving the key participants in the recent Supreme Court case involving registered designs for the Trunki suitcase.
The barristers for each party, Mark Vanhegan QC for PMS, and Michael Hicks for Magmatic, will discuss the positions taken by the parties, and Nathan Abraham, Head of Examination Practice, Trade Marks & Designs at the IPO will explain why they intervened at the Supreme Court. The panel will go on to discuss what the case means for designers – including suggestions on how to approach the filing of designs in future, and what other lessons can be learned from Magmatic’s experience. Judge Hacon will discuss the best ways to present a design case in the IPEC, with reference to design cases heard in the past and the particular characteristics of the Court.
Chaired by: John Coldham, Gowling WLG
- 2.00 - 2.30pm Registration including light refreshments
- 2.30 - 2.40pm Welcome and introduction, Tania Clark, ITMA Vice President & John Coldham, Gowling WLG
- 2.40 – 3.40pm Trunki at the Supreme Court: what next for designers? Panel Discussion
- 3.40 – 4.25pm 'Flos' and the overlap between registered designs and copyrights, Martin Howe QC, 8 New Square
- 4.25 - 4.45pm Tea & coffee break
- 4. 45 – 5.30pm The intersection of trade mark and design law for three dimensional objects, Guy Tritton, Hogarth Chambers
- 5.30 – 6.00pm Presenting Design Cases in the IPEC, HHJ Hacon
- 6.00 – 7.00pm Networking drinks
- IPReg - 3 Hours
- SRA - 3 Hours (Ref: WP/ITMA)
- BSB - 3 Hours (Ref: 1494)
In-line with ITMA’s Environmental Policy, speaker handouts/presentations will be sent to all registered delegates via a link to the ITMA website 48 hours after the ITMA event. Handouts will not be distributed in printed form at the event*.
- ITMA members: £120 (VAT exempt)
- Non-members: £140 (VAT exempt)
Please register via the 'Book & Pay' option. If you're not an ITMA member and don't have an ITMA account, at the 'Login' screen, simply select 'Register'. At the next screen, select the category 'Signed up' and complete your details in order to create an account.
- Payment is online via debit or credit card only; proforma invoices are not available.
- One booking per person.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing Date: 11pm, Wednesday 20 April 2016
* other than to those who are visually impaired.