Alice Stagg of Gowling WLG will summarise the key judgments on trade marks from the last 12 months from the CJEU and the General Court. She will discuss the interesting recent decisions regarding 3D marks, such as the judgment of the CJEU in relation to a mark for the Rubik's cube, the December 2016 decision of the General Court in the KitKat litigation and the decision of the CJEU in relation to german chocolate manufacturer August Stork's application for a mark for the blue and white wrapper used for its 'Knoppers' bar.
- 5.30pm - 6pm - Registration plus light refreshments
- 6pm - 7pm - Talk (entry is not permitted after 6.05pm)
- 7pm - Drinks Reception
This event is kindly sponsored by:
- 1 Hour (SRA ref. WP/ITMA; BSB ref. 1494)
In-line with CITMA’s Environmental Policy, speaker handouts/presentations will be sent to all registered delegates via a link to the CITMA website 48 hours after the CITMA event.
Handouts will not be distributed in printed form at the event*.
- CITMA members: Free of charge
- Non-members: £40.00 (VAT exempt)
Please register via the 'Book & Pay' option. If you're not an CITMA member and don't have a CITMA account, at the 'Login' screen, simply select 'Register'. At the next screen, select the category 'Signed up' and complete your details in order to create an account.
- Payment online via debit or credit card only (if applicable); proforma invoices are not available.
- One booking per person.
- This event will be audio-recorded for the purposes of social media.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 2pm, 18th July 2017.
* other than to those who are visually impaired.