Speaker: Simon Chalkley, Redd Solicitors LLP
LIMA (Licensing Industry Merchandisers' Association) estimates* that global retail sales revenue from brand and character licensing hit US$262 billion in 2016 with royalty revenues in the region of US$14bn. Fashion, Entertainment, even Home Décor are booming segments in the licensing field.
An analysis of brand licensing therefore deserves quality airtime in the events calendar - it is at the heart of what a lot of our clients are doing. This presentation will try to look beyond the precedent book and analyse the good, the bad and everything in between of brand licences in a highly practical manner. It will identify a few Competition law 'red flags' to be aware of and promises to try and keep discussion of Brexit under control.
* Annual Global Licensing Industry Survey 2017
- 5.30pm - 6pm - Registration plus light refreshments
- 6pm - 7pm - Talk (entry is not permitted after 6.05pm)
- 7pm - Drinks Reception
This event is kindly sponsored by:
CPD: 1 Hour (IPReg)
In-line with CITMA’s Environmental Policy, speaker handouts/presentations will be sent to all registered delegates via a link to the CITMA website 48 hours after the CITMA event.
Handouts will not be distributed in printed form at the event*.
- CITMA members: Free of charge
- Non-members: £40.00 (VAT exempt)
Please register via the 'Book & Pay' option. If you're not an CITMA member and don't have a CITMA account, at the 'Login' screen, simply select 'Register'. At the next screen, select the category 'Signed up' and complete your details in order to create an account.
- Payment online via debit or credit card only (if applicable); proforma invoices are not available.
- One booking per person.
- This event will be audio-recorded for the purposes of social media.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 1pm, 26th September 2017.
* other than to those who are visually impaired.