Learn more about the drafting of IP contracts, including IP licensing and assignment agreements, at CITMA's intensive IP contracts training seminar at Bird & Bird in March 2018.
Our expert speakers will also look at other contracts that often include IP clauses, including distribution agreements and M&A agreements, and will give you practical tips on things to look out for, and things to avoid.
The afternoon concludes with drinks nearby at Balls Brothers, Shoe Lane where you will join CITMA Spring Conference delegates to celebrate the start of the 2018 conference. A great opportunity to network with national and international attorneys, solicitors, barristers and support service providers.
Places are limited. If you are a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney or an IP lawyer, register now.
Chair - Patricia Collis, Bird & Bird LLP
- 1.30pm - Registration
- 2pm - Contractual IP: Getting it right the first time! Sally Shorthose and James Pearson, Bird & Bird LLP
The first part of the session will cover a short introduction to contract law, with a focus on the issues to consider when drafting IP contracts and an analysis of key IP provisions. This will be followed by an interactive session with the practical application of the skills acquired in the first part.
- 4pm - Tea, coffee and cookies
- 4.30 - Contentious IP contracts: When IP contracts go wrong! Nick Boydell, Bird & Bird LLP
A review of case law in which IP contracts, such as trade mark coexistence agreements, have been litigated in the English courts. What can go wrong, and how can it be avoided?
- 6pm - Networking drinks reception (Balls Brothers, Shoe Lane)
- CITMA members: £180 (VAT exempt)
- Non-members: £210 (VAT exempt)
- Spring Conference attendees: £80 discount on fee - use code CONTRACTS18 at checkout*
Please register via the 'Book & Pay' option. If you're not a CITMA member and don't have a CITMA account, at the 'Login' screen, simply select 'Register'. At the next screen, select the category 'Signed up' and complete your details in order to create an account.
- Payment online via debit or credit card only; proforma invoices are not available.
- One booking per person.
- This event will be audio-recorded for the purposes of social media.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 9am, 12th March 2018
* Promotional code should be entered in the 'Promotional code' field on the first page of the registration process. Discounts cannot be applied post-registration.