Speaker: Ewan Grist, Bird & Bird
This lecture will set out the main changes and practical points arising from the introduction of the Intellectual Property (Unjustified Threats) Act 2017 which came into force from 1 October 2017.
The new Act sets out a more detailed and comprehensive structure to govern the use of threats to sue in respect of IP infringements, setting out what is and what is not actionable by a prospective defendant, and the defences available to the threatenor.
Since a threat is the normal first step in any enforcement effort, understanding the new landscape is of fundamental importance to both rights holders and their advisors alike.
- 5.30pm - 6pm - Registration plus light refreshments
- 6pm - 7pm - Talk (entry is not permitted after 6.05pm)
- 7pm - Drinks Reception
This event is followed by networking drinks kindly sponsored by:
CPD: 1 hour (IPReg)
In-line with CITMA’s Environmental Policy, speaker handouts/presentations will be sent to all registered delegates via a link to the CITMA website 48 hours after the CITMA event.
Handouts will not be distributed in printed form at the event*.
- CITMA members: Free of charge
- Non-members: £40.00 (VAT exempt)
Please register via the 'Book & Pay' option. If you're not an CITMA member and don't have a CITMA account, at the 'Login' screen, simply select 'Register'. At the next screen, select the category 'Signed up' and complete your details in order to create an account.
- Payment online via debit or credit card only (if applicable); proforma invoices are not available.
- One booking per person.
- This event will be audio-recorded for the purposes of social media.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 1pm, 30th January 2017.
* other than to those who are visually impaired.