Aaron Wood is sharing his top tips about litigation for better success at the UK IPO.
Aaron will be comparing the process to the UK IPO and drawing out the key differences and potholes. He will also explore how changing your mindset towards litigation can convert back to greater success at the UK IPO.
Meet your speaker:
Aaron is a partner at Keystone Law Limited and a trade mark advocate with experience conducting and appearing proceedings in the IPEC and High Court, as well as before the UK IPO.
He has been one of the most experienced advocates before the UK IPO for a number of years, and moved from general trade mark attorney work to having litigation and advocacy as the majority of his workload: as a result, he is very conscious of the issues which arise in developing a litigation practice.
Aaron is instructed by a wide range of clients to take action on their behalf, including being instructed by a number of CITMA member firms and IP Departments of large commercial firms to either advise on, prosecute or appear in their cases.
- Understand how a change of mindset towards proceedings at the UK IPO will need to alter for the purposes of the UK Courts.
- Have a greater appreciation of the potential costs and the way in which litigation progresses.
- Understand of how some of these issues and differences may influence your UK IPO work.
- 5.30pm - 6pm - Registration plus light refreshments
- 6pm - 7pm - Presentation
- 7pm - Close
- Payment online via debit or credit card only; proforma invoices are not available.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 9am, Thursday 20th February 2020