An overview of the money laundering regulations of 2020.
The introduction of further regulation places greater emphasis on money laundering compliance as firms strive to update their processes, policies and procedures to comply with the new regulations.
This webinar will look provide an overview of the new regulations and their impact on your firm.
What will the webinar cover:
- An overview of the money laundering regulations of 2020.
- Practical pointers on how to ensure your firm complies.
- Review of electronic verification processes and how they can help with CDD.
By attending this webinar, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the rationale behind the new regulations.
- Have a ‘to do’ list of things to look at in your firm.
- An understanding of how to communicate these changes to your firm.
Amy Bell is a Compliance Consultant with a passion for helping firms adapt to the changing legal landscape. She has 14 years’ experience in working with law firms, and in 2017 launched Amy Bell Compliance Limited followed by Teal Compliance Limited in January 2018.
Her team provides support to law firms, through consultancy services and training to help everyone in the firm to understand compliance and how to apply risk management principles to improve client service and deliver efficiencies.
She is a member and former chair of the Law Society’s Money Laundering Task Force, where she represents the Solicitors profession at Government and in Europe. She is also the author of the Law Society’s Anti-Bribery Toolkit, their Anti Money Laundering Training courses, and co-author of the 4th edition of Solicitors and Money Laundering.
- 12pm - Login available
- 12:30pm - Presentation
- 1:15pm - Q&A
- 1:30pm - End
- Member £0 (VAT exempt)
- Non-member £40 (VAT exempt)
- Payment online via debit or credit card only; proforma invoices are not available.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 9am, 21st May 2020.