Trademarks Senior Associate - London
18 days ago
London & South East
2nd Aug 2019
We are looking to recruit an experienced Solicitor or Trade Mark Attorney to join our Trade Mark and Brand Protection team.
- Trade mark prosecution, including preparation of arguments, evidence and submissions and potentially attendance at hearings;
- Trade mark portfolio management, including advice on branding strategy;
- Dealing with contentious Registry proceedings
- Clearance searching and advice on overcoming third party rights
- A particular focus on UK-IPO and OHIM proceedings, including oppositions, revocation and invalidity actions.
Key Skills & Experience
- 3+ PQE, having gained relevant experience within a firm with a strong IP reputation, or from a suitable in-house position;
- Sound knowledge of UK and CTM legislation and best practice;
- Attention to detail and excellent drafting skills;
- Excellent time management and case management skills;
- Commercial acumen, and ability to demonstrate a genuine interest in the client’s business;
- Fluency in a foreign language is desired, but not essential.
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.