A.A. Thornton & Co.
A.A. Thornton & Co. is a firm of patent and trade mark attorneys that deals exclusively with intellectual property rights and issues. Our heritage dates back over 100 years, making us one of the longest-established specialists in the field.
We provide a comprehensive range of IP services from our London office. These cover all areas of patent, trade mark and design law and are structured to ensure full national and international protection. We also provide a full domain name service, covering use, registration and dispute resolution.
Our clients range from multinational corporations, to SMEs, to start ups, across a broad spectrum of industries and market sectors. Our client base covers the UK and many other parts of the globe, notably Europe, North America, India and the Far East. We also undertake projects on behalf of overseas attorneys and professional advisers, representing their clients’ IP interests in the UK.
Collectively, our specialist trade mark attorneys have a wealth of experience in all aspects of UK trade mark law. Our services include:
- Investigations on availability of trade marks for use and registration
- Trade mark portfolio management, strategies, audit services and watches
- Preparation, filing, prosecution of applications for UK Trade Mark Registrations, foreign national registrations, EU Trade Mark Registrations, and International Registrations under the Madrid Protocol
- Advice and assistance in relation to infringements and attacks on validity
- Negotiation and drafting of license agreements and assignments
- Liaising with solicitors and barristers in the conduct of litigation
- Worldwide monitoring (watching) services for conflicting trade marks and domain names
- Selection and registration of domain names, including advice relating to domain name disputes and cyber squatting
10 Old Bailey, London, EC4M 7NG, United Kingdom T: + 44 (0) 20 7405 4044 F: + 44 (0) 20 7405 3580 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vanessa Lawrence (BSc, MSc, MCITMA) Ian Gill (BEng, MSc, CPA, EPA, MCITMA)