EIP is a leading Intellectual Property Law firm, celebrating top-tier recognition in the Legal 500 and a Queen’s Award for Enterprise, in 2013. EIP’s combination of trademark, patent and design attorneys with specialist IP solicitors is highly successful in the UK legal services market, and presents its clients with significant advantages.
EIP Brands is the practice group within EIP that deals with all aspects of trademarks, including clearance of new marks, prosecution of trademarks through to registration, enforcement and monitoring of registered rights, and opposition.
EIP has many trademark clients in the software and related technologies sector, and a growing number in industries including fashion, design, food and cosmetics. Our attorneys are able to offer practical advice on all stages of IP protection and rights enforcement throughout the world, and can also handle cross-border litigation. We offer new clients a free 30-minute initial consultation.
The EIP Brands team has particular expertise in the following areas:
- Non-contentious matters – clearing trademarks for use and preparing, filing and prosecuting trademark applications worldwide.
- Contentious matters – trademark opposition, invalidation and revocation.
- IP litigation, infringement opinions and pan-European proceedings and injunctions, support and advice in settlement negotiations.
- Domain management strategy and dispute resolution via Nominet procedure and ICANN UDRP.
- IP aspects of acquisitions and disposals, due diligence planning and execution, portfolio optimisation, IP licence best practice and transaction recordal.
- Anti-counterfeiting strategies, liaison with Trading Standards, commercial investigations, customs authorities and SOCA.
- The interaction with trademark law and design law.
Paula Flutter Sharon Daboul
020 7440 9510