Kilburn & Strode LLP
Kilburn & Strode LLP is a leading, top-tier London partnership of European Patent Attorneys, Chartered Patent Attorneys and Trade Mark Attorneys, dealing with all aspects of Intellectual Property, including patents, trade marks, domain names, design, copyright, passing-off and confidential information. The acquisition, enforcement and licensing of worldwide IP rights on behalf of our clients forms a core part of the business. It is consistently rated in the top tier in all independent surveys and the qualified patent and trade mark attorneys and litigators each specialise in dedicated fields of interest ranging from chemistry, through life sciences, engineering and IT & electronics.
We were recently awarded the MIP Global Award for UK Trade Mark Prosecution Firm of the Year 2010, the culmination of six months of independent research and surveys of Intellectual Property practitioners worldwide.
There is no such thing as an 'off-the-shelf' patent or trade mark solution from Kilburn & Strode. Every client's needs are different and our response is tailored accordingly.
Our clients include individual inventors, start-up companies, established businesses and multi-nationals with global product ranges. We work closely with both the business owners and in-house legal departments in generating an appropriate strategy, and with the inventors and designers on technical matters. We recognise that a patent or trade mark registration can be an invaluable commercial tool with which to protect and enhance the value of your business. So for each client, our objective is the same — to provide you with patent or trade mark protection and advice that is cost-effective and will stand the test of time and competitor challenge.
Our market place is Europe where we do the largest part of our work. We are seasoned representatives before the European Patent Office. Many of us have extensive opposition experience there as well as comprehensive knowledge of European patent prosecution. Since the inception of the Community trademark system at OHIM we have been leading representatives in securing pan-European protection. Again, our prosecution and opposition experience is second to none. Many of us are also authorised to act before OHIM for the new Registered Community Design and have experience of prosecution of registered design applications before the UK Patent Office under similar statutes.
We can provide you with a global strategy to protect the value of assets such as brand names, designs and inventions to secure and control the use of your intellectual property rights. We can work through a global network to ensure that your rights are protected in any country where you have a major presence.
Our extensive range of patent, trade mark and design services includes:
- Preparation and filing of UK, European and International patent applications
- Applications for registration of trade marks and designs in the UK, Europe and internationally
- Advice on unregistered design right and industrial copyright
- Management of international patent and trade mark portfolios
- Analysis of third party rights which may interfere with a client's products or services and advice on subsequent action
- Licensing of intellectual property rights and recordal with the appropriate authorities
- Advice on infringement and enforcement of our clients' intellectual property rights (IPRs)
- Intellectual Property Audits
- Employment and consultancy terms relating to inventions and use of computer systems
- Due diligence exercises
- By arrangement, online access for clients to their portfolio data
Our dispute services include:
- Advising on IPR litigation in the UK High Court and Patents County Court
- Oppositions before the EPO and OHIM
- Comparative advertising disputes
- Anti-counterfeiting and customs actions
- Negotiations and conduct of actions relating to compensation for employee inventions
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Internet-based IP disputes
Kilburn & Strode LLP 20 Red Lion Street London WC1R 4PJ Tel: +44 (0) 20 7539 4200 Fax: +44 (0) 20 7539 4299 Web: www.kilburnstrode.com Email: email@example.com
James Miller - http://www.kilburnstrode.com/our-people/jim-miller
Carrollanne Lindley - http://www.kilburnstrode.com/our-people/carrollanne-lindley
Iain Stewart - http://www.kilburnstrode.com/our-people/iain-stewart
Sharon Kirby - http://www.kilburnstrode.com/our-people/sharon-kirby
Ryan Pixton - http://www.kilburnstrode.com/our-people/ryan-pixton