Get practical tips on how to build and nurture a working environment that supports mental health and wellbeing at our special webinar as part of Mental Health Awareness Week.
The webinar will be presented by Graham McCartney, co-founder of the charity Jonathan’s Voice, who will provide information and practical ideas on how leaders can put measures in place to ensure that workplaces are mentally healthy.
Jonathan’s Voice was set up in memory of the Patent Attorney Jonathan McCartney, who in 2017 tragically took his own life. The charity works to actively promote mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, specifically for those in the IP profession.
Mental Health Awareness Week (10th-16th May) is an opportunity for people to talk about all aspects of mental health, with a focus on providing help and advice.
By attending this session, you will be able to:
- Encourage open dialogue about mental health and reduce the associated stigma.
- Improve workplace cultures to be more inclusive and supportive of those with mental health problems.
- Adapt working practices and workload management to reduce stress levels.
- Improve signposting to relevant resources, both within and outside the sector.
Meet your speaker
Graham is a trustee and one of the founders of the Charity Jonathan’s Voice which was set up in late 2017 following the death of his son Jonathan by suicide at the age of 35. Jonathan was a partner in a firm of patent attorneys with offices in Bristol, London and Munich.
One of our main objects is, “to promote a culture of positive mental health, particularly in the IP and legal environment, and to encourage organisations to create the right support structures, policies and practice to support employees’ mental health and well-being”.
We provide resources, talks and training events to help individuals look after their mental health and assist firms to support their employees.
- 12pm: Login available
- 12:30pm: Presentation
- 1:15pm: Q&A
- 1:30pm End
- Member £0 (VAT exempt)
- Standard £0 (VAT exempt)
- Payment online via debit or credit card only; proforma invoices are not available.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 9am, Wednesday 12th May 2021.