Associate (Intellectual Property/ Trade Mark Lawyer) - Dubai
24 days ago
20th Dec 2019
Cedar White Bradley
We are seeking an Associate with 0 to 3 years PQE for our Dubai office to join our trade mark team.
Language: Excellent written and spoken English. Fluency in Arabic is highly advantageous. Other languages are also advantageous.
Education: A demonstrated high level of academic achievement is essential.
Admission: Must be admitted as a lawyer in a Western jurisdiction (UK, US, Australia or New Zealand preferred).
Experience: Western law firm experience in trade mark portfolio management and prosecution, as well as experience in enforcement and other contentious IP matters. Prior Middle East experience is highly advantageous, but not essential.
The role of Associate in our office includes carrying out the following functions:
- Advising on all kinds of intellectual property matters, including on the availability of marks for use and registration and on the merits of trade mark office examination reports and third party oppositions;
- Attending to and managing the processes and procedures for the registration and maintenance of intellectual property rights;
- Assisting in the management of IP portfolios;
- Assisting in the management of client relationships;
- Participating in the enforcement of intellectual property rights;
- Assisting in the management of intellectual property litigation and disputes and their settlement;
- Assisting in the drafting of commercial documents relating to intellectual property rights such as assignments and licences agreements;
- Conducting legal research;
- Working with CWB’s network of IP agents;
- Working on IP protection strategies; and
- Conducting IP due diligences and IP audits.
Head-quartered in Dubai, CWB is a specialist intellectual property firm that covers the MENA region and handles the regional IP work for some of the biggest brands in the world.
See our website: www.cwblegal.com
Interested candidates can send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org