Your CITMA Mentoring journey begins here
We are pleased to announce CITMA Mentoring, an online platform for members to make impactful connections that provide personal and professional growth.
Our mentoring programme will connect mentees with mentors, giving you an opportunity to share your wealth of knowledge and experience with each other.
Mentors and mentees can specify the areas they would like to discuss and provide a personal statement when they build their profile.
We recommend our mentors and mentees commit to working together for an hour a month for up to six months. Our online platform will provide a wealth of resources to help you along your journey.
We have enlisted the help of mentoring software company PLD to provide a platform for you to find and manage your mentoring relationships through, click the link above to automatically log in and create your profile.
What’s in it for a mentee?
- Greater clarity on your values, career path and wider objectives
- An opportunity to reflect on your experience and career with a senior colleague
- Grows and improves your professional network
- Develops your communication skills
- Greater confidence in your approach and in yourself
What’s in it for a mentor?
- The satisfaction of helping a junior colleague to reach their goals
- Broadens skills and brings new insight to you and your organisation
- Provides exposure to different perspectives
- Develops your communication skills
- Expands your professional network
How does it work?
Both the mentor and mentee are asked to specify the areas they would like to discuss and provide a personal statement when they build their profile. When a mentor and mentee are matched, their profiles are visible to each other. The parties then decide whether they are happy to work together and agree (or not) to be connected.
We recommend that you set out some parameters at the outset to check how you will work together. Key things to agree at this stage include; how will you communicate (email, Zoom, in-person) and how often (we recommend once a month at least).
What will be expected of me as a mentee or mentor?
We recommend our mentors and mentees commit to working together for an hour a month for up to a six month period. Initially both parties should agree a target objective for the mentoring relationship, and we would recommend using the resources provided within the scheme to help agree goals and structure your mentoring journey.
What support can I get?
Our online platform will help to make the initial match based on areas for development and experience. When joining the scheme mentees can specify areas of knowledge and expertise they would like to improve. The platform also contains a wealth of resources and tools with advice and guidance to help you make the most of your experience.
- You agree that you shall use CITMA Mentoring solely for your personal, non-commercial use, and you shall not advertise or offer to buy or sell goods or services for any commercial purpose in your use of CITMA Mentoring
- CITMA does not endorse, and shall not be liable for, any advice you receive from a mentor. Where appropriate, you should seek professional or specialist advice before relying on a mentor’s advice.
- You will be responsible for payment of all costs you incur in connection with any communication between you and a mentor or mentee. CITMA recommends that you use email, video calls via the platform or other free-to-use communication methods where possible.
- Your first name, surname, region, membership status, membership category and email address will be supplied to PLD from the data CITMA holds on you. Please refer to the PLD privacy notice regarding the data held by PLD.