Chartered Trade Mark Attorney - London
15 days ago
London & South East
8th Nov 2019
"The team is full of thoroughly nice people who are smart, accessible and offer commercial advice." – Chambers & Partners
We have an opportunity for a qualified Chartered Trade Mark Attorney to join our highly regarded IP Disputes team in London.
The team have seen significant growth over recent years and this role offers an opportunity to be involved in varied and multi-disciplinary work, often with an international focus. Our collegiate and supportive culture makes it an extremely rewarding place to work.
We advise on all aspects of brand management from trade mark clearance and protection, to licensing and enforcement. We act for a broad range of clients from leading brands to start-ups, assisting them to manage their brands and trade mark portfolios. Our sector-focused approach ensures that we have valuable expertise in the areas in which our clients operate and deep understanding of the issues that they face.
Find more about our practice using this link: https://www.osborneclarke.com/services/intellectual-property/ip-disputes/
Our IP Disputes and Trade Marks team in London is led by Chambers rated Arty Rajendra. The team also comprises 2 further Partners (Will James, Robert Guthrie), a Director of Trade Marks (Mark Foreman), 1 Associate Director, 1 Senior Associate, 3 Associates, and 3 Paralegals.
- Trade mark portfolio management, including advice on branding strategy;
- Clearance searching and advice on overcoming third party rights;
- Trade mark prosecution, including preparation of arguments, evidence and submissions and attendance at hearings;
- Dealing with contentious IPO proceedings;
- A particular focus on UKIPO and EUIPO proceedings, including oppositions, revocation and invalidity actions.
Key Skills and Experience
- Qualified Chartered Trade mark Attorney, having gained relevant experience with a firm with a strong IP reputation, or from a suitable in-house position;
- Sound knowledge of UK and EU trade mark law and procedure;
- Experience of managing, or assisting with the management of, large trade mark portfolios;
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Due to the demands of the role we are seeking a candidate in line with our Associate lawyers, however we will consider candidates with more or less experience.
Your career development
Like all our lawyers, you will benefit from our multi-award winning career development programme. At each stage of your career this provides you with:
- clear expectations of your role and what it takes to progress;
- high quality clients and work, with early responsibility and client exposure;
- thorough assessment and individual feedback from a range of experienced colleagues;
- robust technical training with early skills based development, increasingly tailored to you; and
- reward for your contribution, progression and potential, rather than PQE or tenure.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Emily Webb (Recruitment Manager) on email@example.com.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.