Experienced Trademark Administrator – Remote Working
15 days ago
6th Jul 2021
Trade Mark Wizards
Work from home or in the office!
We are a firm of Chartered Trade Mark Attorneys with a large volume of national and international trade mark filings, together with incoming and outgoing contentious work. In 2018 we became the UK’s No. 1 trade mark filing company and ever since have been going from strength to strength.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing business managing the administration of a very busy company whilst also dealing directly with national and international clients. You will be supporting our fee earning team and working closely with clients, trade mark registries and overseas associates.
The role will suit either an experienced paralegal who has worked in a similar role, is familiar with UK and foreign filing processes and has dealt with official registry correspondence from A-Z on a global level, or an experienced trade mark administrator who is looking for a leading role as the head of an administration department.
You will be required to work independently as well as part of a team. Diary management is a key element of the role and Applicants must have an eye for spotting urgent matters. Excellent interpersonal skills and accurate written and verbal communication skills are essential, as are organisational and the ability to work independently.
Diversity and inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. We aim to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, and respect for the individual and the expression of talent. We wish to empower individuals to fulfil their and the firm’s potential.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be involved in a range of different trade mark and design work (including trade mark filing and prosecution, renewals and portfolio management, and providing assistance in respect of contentious proceedings). Daily responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and filing trade mark applications
- Processing correspondence from the UKIPO, EUIPO, WIPO, and other registries, as well as from local associates and clients
- Responding to examination reports
- Assisting fee earners on a range of different tasks
- Liaising with clients and local associates
- Maintaining trade mark management databases, inputting deadlines, and checking the accuracy of records
- Preparing and filing official forms
- Preparing and filing trade mark renewals and recordals
- Ensuring electronic files are kept up to date
Please note that this job specification is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of some of the key components of the role.
Skills and attributes
Applicants should have at least 3 years' experience as a trade mark administrator and must be able to work autonomously on administrative tasks without supervision.
A degree level qualification is desired but not essential. Similarly, completion of the CITMA Paralegal course is desired but not essential. Skills and attributes required include
- Record management and IT skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of trade mark processes from filing to registration, including oppositions, at the UKIPO and EUIPO (as a minimum)
- Knowledge of the International Registration system (WIPO)
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a wide variety of people
- Organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Proactive, diligent and conscientious, with the ability to work without supervision
- Able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the EUIPO User Area and Madrid Portfolio Manager and ability to use online trade mark databases
Hours of work
Either 8.30am to 5.00pm or 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. Remote working is available.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced administrator / paralegal who is looking for a new challenge in IP and a role that will offer a wide variety of trade mark administration tasks in a friendly and collaborative environment.
To apply, please email your CV preferably with a short cover letter to [email protected] quoting reference “CITMA_TMW_ Administrator” in subject of the email.
If you are intrigued by this great opportunity, please enquire for further details!