In-house Trade Mark Lawyer / Trade Mark Lawyer
23 days ago
London & South East
22nd Dec 2019
New opening for a Trade Mark Lawyer or Trade Mark Attorney to join an established In-House team based in London.
Working for an international business, you will work alongside other experienced Trade Mark Lawyers and Trade Mark Attorneys supporting a region in relation to its Trade Mark, design and copyright requirements.
Those applying will have experience of advising on multijurisdictional trademark clearance searches, Trade Mark application processes, Trade Mark portfolio management, Trade Mark prosecution and contentious matters, such as oppositions, cancellation actions and infringements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prosecution of trade mark registrations and renewals
- Selection and clearance of trade marks and reporting to the business
- Initiating and defending oppositions and cancellations and progressing them to conclusion
- Handling and advising on copyright and design issues
- Domain name registration, renewal and recovery
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on a range of IP related agreements (including licenses, assignments, co-existence agreements), both internally and with third parties as required.
- Supervising IP Assistants in their work, in particular reviewing and approving launch plans from a trade mark perspective
- Managing the day-to-day soft IP issues related to any contractual arrangements or M&A projects within a set region.
The ideal applicant will be familiar with the tasks outlined above and reporting to a Senior Trade Mark Counsel, you will able to manage a case-load relatively autonomously. You will enjoy working with a diverse group of IP and Legal professionals and will be part of an ever-evolving, innovative, highly commercial business.
A visible role - you will be keen for personal development and will benefit from being with a business which can realise your ambitions with opportunity to work in additional related areas. A progressive organisation with a relaxed, sociable culture, you can expect genuine work-life balance with flexible working offered as standard.
This is the perfect chance to try something different whilst expanding your experience gained to date, with a comprehensive list of benefits and bonus available for the appointed candidate.
For a conversation in confidence, please contact Lisa Kelly on 0113 245 3338 or via: email@example.com