17 days ago
London & South East
30th May 2021
Bear + Wolf
Bear + Wolf is a thriving London IP boutique, specialising in trade marks and designs. Now in our ninth year, we are highly rated by the likes of WTR 1000, with offices in the South Bank, just south of London Blackfriars.
We act for suite of famous brands, particularly in the entertainment, sport, publishing and fashion sectors. Just a few of our clients include Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Kanye West, Agatha Christie, ASSOS of Switzerland, and Under Armour.
We are seeking a permanent, capable and self-motivated Junior Paralegal to join our team as soon as possible. It is highly preferable that applicants for this role have successfully completed the CITMA Paralegal course, the Queen Mary Postgraduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice, or Bournemouth University’s Postgraduate Certificate in Intellectual Property.
A selection of the core day-to-day work involved is as follows:
- Filing and registering trade marks at UK and EUTM level, including priority claims;
- Filing and registering EU design applications, including priority claims;
- Liaising with foreign attorneys to prepare and file foreign trade mark applications;
- Dealing with trade mark renewals, recordals and licences;
- General anti-counterfeiting work;
- Docketing deadlines on our electronic system (IPPO / WebTMS);
- Ordering UK/EUTM searches, assisting with the analysing of results, and reporting to the client on risks / opportunities / views;
- Reviewing watch notices and reporting on those deemed potentially conflicting;
- Filing Notice of Oppositions, including extensions of cooling off periods, suspensions, and Notices of Appeal;
- Assisting our Paralegal and our Operations Partner in relation to all aspects of their work;
- Arranging conference calls;
- Diary management and travel arrangements;
- Setting up new clients and matters on the system;
- Ad hoc administration.
Our office working environment is informal, but the quality of our advice is top-tier. We value experience, self-reliance and personal drive as much as qualifications.
All at Bear & Wolf are hands-on, emailing and liaising with clients and other firm contacts directly, and monitoring and managing their own active matters. Attention to detail, concision, and clarity are correspondingly critical. Our primary focus is always our client service, so those happy to take a proactive approach to their own workload and advice, with support from the partners as needed, will thrive.
Please send CVs to Sophia Uzor at [email protected] together with details of notice periods (if applicable), salary expectations and any other relevant details. Applications that do not include a CV will not be considered.