Qualified Trade Mark Attorney – Birmingham
9 days ago
30th Jun 2021
Forresters IP LLP
Forresters IP LLP is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in Birmingham, Liverpool, London, Munich and Southampton. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements and employee career progression. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK. Our London presence has just been relocated to new offices in the Gherkin.
We have a strong trade mark team with a proactive approach to portfolio protection and maintenance, with expertise in all areas. We handle all aspects of establishment, use, registration, maintenance and enforcement of trade marks.
We are currently looking to recruit a qualified trade mark attorney to join the busy team in our Birmingham office. The successful candidate will deal with all aspects of trade mark practice, including:
- Advising on trade mark, domain name, company name and passing off matters
- Filing and prosecuting trade mark applications and maintaining trade mark portfolios
- Advising on validity and infringement matters
- Involvement in oppositions, enforcement and other contentious matters
- Development of our trade mark business
The job description is not an exhaustive list of all the tasks and the role might include additional duties associated with running of the trade mark department.
You will be capable of working both independently and as part of a team, and have proven organisational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills. You will possess a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
This is an opportunity to play an important role in a successful department, and career advancement prospects are excellent for the right candidate.
Candidates should possess at least an upper second class degree and be fully qualified.
Start date: Immediate, however notice periods will be considered for the right candidate.
- Very competitive salary
- A pleasant, supportive and friendly working environment
- Smart casual dress code with dress down Fridays
- Flexible working – core hours
- 35 hour week
- 31 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance cover
- Business Travel Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%
After successful completion of probationary period
- Health Cash plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
Forresters is an Equal Opportunities employer and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity in the IP profession, which is why we have signed up to the IP Inclusive Charter.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by the 30th June 2021. Please state in the cover letter your salary expectations and confirm if you have a permanent right to live and work in the UK.
Please strictly no agencies.