Trade Mark Administrator
7 days ago
5th Mar 2021
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.
Trade marks and designs are crucial to protect the innovation and investment that goes into developing brands – which for today’s leading businesses are significant company assets. Our trade mark specialists support brand owners in developing, protecting and exploiting their brands on every level: from initial trade mark clearance and selection, to filing, managing complex international portfolios and any enforcement or disputes that arise. A&O is ranked ‘Gold’ in the WTR 1000 (World Trademark Review 2020). Unlike most major law firms, we provide the full spectrum of legal support for brands and trade marks in-house, with a team of trade mark professionals and IP lawyers. Whether managing trade mark portfolios for a fixed fee, or providing strategic legal support for brand owners across the globe, we have a market-leading practice that covers everything the world’s top businesses need.
We currently have around 100 dedicated intellectual property lawyers across our offices in Europe, Asia Pacific and the US, with a wealth of experience across the full range of legal services relating to IP, both contentious and transactional. We employ the best people who offer the highest quality of service based on a thorough understanding of the technical and commercial context and the most rigorous project management of cases and transactions.
This role is aimed at individuals with experience working as a trade mark administrator, with a very keen eye for detail and strong organisational skills, and who are interested in working with international clients and world famous brands.
Role and responsibilities
- Assisting in managing the client portfolio management databases (WebTMS and Anaqua)
- Reviewing, processing and filing communications from trade mark offices
- Docketing and monitoring deadlines in trade mark and design matters
- Coordinating deadline meetings
- Renewal and maintenance of clients’ global trade mark and design portfolios
- Preparing client communications relating to trade mark and design matters, such as filing
- confirmation, publication and registration notifications, and updates on deadlines in proceedings
- Financial management tasks including the preparation of cost estimates, processing of foreign
- counsel invoices, monitoring trade mark office deposit accounts and matter opening
- Assisting with day-to-day matters associated with running a trade mark and design practice
- You will be someone with relevant administrator experience in the trade mark and design field
- Very keen attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, both within Belfast and remotely with colleagues from around the
- firm across a wide range of levels, responsibilities and offices
Who we are looking for
- We are looking for an applicant with at least 3 years’ experience working as a trade mark administrator to join our growing team