Trade Mark Attorney and / or a Trade Mark Lawyer
29 days ago
26th Sep 2020
0113 245 3338
A pleasure to be working exclusively again with our longstanding client as they seek to appoint into their established in-house trade mark team.
There are two positions available for those qualified as a Trade Mark Attorney and / or a Trade Mark Lawyer and keen to join an international business at a hugely exciting time of its development, working alongside other experienced Trade Mark professionals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working closely with internal clients and outside counsel to review and clear designs, marketing material, innovations, main brands, sub-brands, product features, slogans and logos - including conducting online preliminary searches and reviewing and reporting full availability searches.
- Trademark portfolio management: managing and prosecuting their trademark portfolio including handling significant registry objections such as non-distinctiveness and relative grounds objections.
- Actively running disputes: contentious matters before trademark registries (active and passive oppositions and cancellations) and the courts (infringement and cancellation actions).
- Advising the business on its day-to-day trademark, design and copyright queries including the IP clauses of agreements.
- Supporting the business in relation to other IP related projects, such as licenses and assignments, trademark portfolio audits, copyright and domain name matters.
Applicants will be familiar with the tasks outlined above and reporting to a Senior Trade Mark Counsel, you will able to manage a caseload relatively autonomously. You will enjoy working with a diverse group of IP and Legal professionals and will be part of an ever-evolving, innovative, highly commercial business.A visible role - you will be keen for personal development and will benefit from being with a business which can realise your ambitions with opportunity to travel internationally and scope to work in additional related areas. This is a company of opportunity; a progressive organisation with a relaxed, sociable culture, you can expect genuine work-life balance with flexible working offered as standard. The first role will suit a Trade Mark Attorney / Trade Mark Lawyer with c. 1-3 years PQE, the second will for those with c. 5 years plus PQE.
This is the perfect chance to try something different whilst expanding your experience gained to date, with a comprehensive list of benefits available for the appointed candidates.
For a conversation in confidence, please contact Lisa Kelly on 0113 245 3338 or via: [email protected]