Trade Mark Paralegal / Administrator
12 days ago
12th Jun 2022
Palmer Biggs IP
PALMER BIGGS IP is a well-established ‘top tier’ (Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners) boutique IP law firm with a strong reputation in the market.
We are looking to recruit a Trade Mark Paralegal / Administrator.
This is an excellent opportunity for a truly remote working position offering top quality work, and to work with a range of clients (from SMEs to very well-known global brands).
The candidate can be based anywhere in the UK (not specific to any region) provided they have a good internet connection.
The candidate must be passionate about IP, self-motivated, pro-active, extremely organised and have very good IT skills. The position will often involve working collaboratively with other members of the team, so good communication skills are essential. The candidate should ideally have the CITMA Paralegal Certificate or at least substantial experience working in a trade mark and designs department. Experience working with WebTMS would be advantageous and experience in the following.
- Trade mark and design formalities
- Completing and submitting registry forms for trade mark and design applications, oppositions, renewals, and other registry filings / actions at UKIPO, EUIPO and WIPO
- Creating new cases on internal systems and docketing system
- Docketing deadlines and reminders and updating when matters progress
- Preparing and filing design applications at the UKIPO
- Attending to trade mark and design renewals
- Liaising with foreign attorneys
- Review status of files and liaising with fee earners with reminders or deadlines
- Preparing portfolio reports
- Conducting trade mark searches
- Supporting marketing opportunities
- Assisting with some other business clerical tasks
This is an excellent opportunity to become a long term member of an exciting dynamic boutique IP law firm with great ambitions for the future, and to work in a very friendly yet professional atmosphere.
We are looking to offer full-time employment for this role, but part-time would be considered.
Please send applications – to include CV with covering letter, details of your current work, responsibilities, and salary expectations to: [email protected]
For further information please contact us on email on [email protected] or call Gemma for a confidential discussion on 01293 553000.
All applications will be treated in confidence.