Write to an opponent in a way which controls the risk of an action being brought against your client for an unjustified threat of infringement proceeding.
There is a possibility that the terms and tone of a letter written to an opponent could expose your own client to a claim for an injunction and damages.
In this interactive webinar we will examine how to manage the risk of your letter being interpreted as an unjustified threat.
You will be encouraged to actively participate by voting on whether you think the scenarios discussed would constitute an actionable threat.
- What the levels of risk are and how to calmly deal with them
- Manage risk by adopting certain disciplines
- Craft a series of simple “how to stay safe” hints and tips
Meet your speaker
Chris Ryan, Nottingham Law School at Nottingham Trent University
Chris Ryan recently retired as a consultant to patent attorneys and trade mark attorneys wishing to exercise litigator’s rights. He continues as IP Consultant to the Nottingham Law School at Nottingham Trent University, where he designs and tutors on post-graduate courses.
- 12pm: Login available
- 12.30pm: Presentation
- 1.15pm: Q&A
- 1.30pm: End
- Member £0 (VAT exempt)
- Standard £0 (VAT exempt)
- Payment online via debit or credit card only; proforma invoices are not available.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 9am, Tuesday 22nd April 2021.