Elliot Papageorgiou, head of IP Strategy – China at Gowling WLG, will consider what lies behind the current surge in Chinese filings and how practitioners should respond, helping you to refocus your priorities in this area.
This webinar will help you to refocus your priorities when dealing with high volumes of Chinese filings in the UK and elsewhere.
The webinar will offer you:
- Expertise and knowledge on trade mark filing practice in China and its current notable trends, particularly in relation to Chinese filings in the UK, EU and US and via the Madrid System
- A developed understanding of the continued trends in China’s trade mark filings, as well as those for growth in Chinese filings abroad
- How you, as a trade mark professional, can react to China-related trade mark filing/prosecution trends
- What do the trends mean for you?
- Refocus your priorities when dealing with the fallout expected as a result of the high volumes of Chinese filings
- Develop responses to this major change in the IP landscape, identifying ways for brand owners to update their strategies and practices in all global regions
This webinar supports skill set 2.8 online monitoring and enforcement of the Advanced Competency Framework.
Meet your speaker
Elliot Papageorgiou represents a number of Fortune 500 companies and MNCs in relation to their China IP and litigation strategies.
He advises multi-nationals on strategies for optimizing IP portfolios across the Asia-Pacific region, as well as cross-border trade mark, design, patent as well as copyright disputes.
Elliot's recent client briefs include developing IP strategies for one of Europe's largest VC funds (and all its invested companies), for a global leader in quantum computing, global engineering & manufacturing conglomerates, a global leader in OLED technologies, as well as a number of Europe’s best-known FCMG brands.
- 12:00pm: Login available
- 12:30pm: Presentation
- 1:30pm: End
- Member £0 (VAT exempt)
- Standard £30 (VAT exempt)
- Payment online via debit or credit card only; proforma invoices are not available.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 9am, Wednesday, 29th September 2021.