Links to official UK IPO and EUIPO Brexit guidance
Find the links to the latest UK IPO and EUIPO guidance on post-Brexit trade marks and designs.
The links below are the latest guidance from the UK IPO and EUIPO as at 7th December 2020.
- UK IPO guidance on trade marks
- UK IPO guidance on designs
- UK IPO guidance on unregistered designs
- UK IPO new UK address for service rules
- New UK GI scheme
- UK IPO system maintenance
- Intellectual property after 1st January 2021 summary
- Information (6th Nov 2020)
- Official communication 2/20
- EUIPO official Q&A
- Associations of representatives news item
- Associations of representatives Q&A
Latest on Brexit
Intellectual Property Magazine’s Brexit podcast panel, including Richard Goddard, returned to discuss future issues for IP following Brexit.
More than two million trade marks and designs registered at the EU Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) have been recreated in the UK ensuring continuation of protection.
Details of the impact new legislation has on practice before the UK IPO has been published. The legal changes come into force on 1st January 2021.
The Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPReg) has confirmed that titles including the term ‘European’ can be used by UK attorneys post-Brexit, but the announcement came with an important caveat.