CITMA response to IPO Transformation II
Our response to the IPO Transformation programme second consultation.
This consultation was run by the UK IPO from 22nd August to 31st October 2023.
It gathered views on and responses to the changes proposed as a part of the ongoing One IPO transformation project.Read our response
In particular, this consultation phase focused on the stage of the transformation project which concerns trade marks and designs.
It explores the following areas:
- online public document inspection service for trade marks and designs
- rules governing public inspection of trade marks and designs documents and requests for confidentiality
- series trade marks
- length of supplementary protection certificate fee payment periods
- collection and publication of addresses for patent inventors
- ways to encourage more mediation during IPO tribunal proceedings
The new trade marks, designs, digital hearings and tribunal services will be launched by the end of 2025.
To learn more about the consultation and the proposed changes, click here.