If you’re interested in a career as a patent or trade mark attorney, this is the event for you! If you know someone who might be, please tell them about it too.
We’ll hear from experienced attorneys and recruiters about what they look for in candidates, with top tips about your CV and covering letter, the interview, and the kinds of tasks you might be faced with when you meet a prospective employer, for example case studies, problem solving and presentations. There will also be advice on finding an employer that’s a good fit for you, and a perspective from someone who joined the profession relatively recently.
In the second part of the event, you’ll have a chance to meet with the panellists in smaller, informal groups and ask them your own questions.
This online masterclass is a re-run of our popular Careers in Ideas Week event in November 2020. It’s aimed in particular at university students who want to (or think they might want to) train as patent or trade mark attorneys, to help them secure their first position in the profession.
Confirmed panellists and breakout hosts include:
- Julie Barrett, owner of Purposive Step Consulting, patent attorney and IP business and careers consultant
- Gemma Christie, patent attorney and director at Keltie and Vice Chair at Farnborough College of Technology
- Sally Lingjun Gao, trainee patent attorney at Mathys & Squire
- Tom Hailes, trainee patent attorney at Beck Greener and member of our IP Futures committee
- Joseph Letang, trade mark attorney and partner at Dehns
- Carol Nyahasha, trade mark attorney at Baron Warren Redfern
- Amy Walker, Careers Manager at The University of Law
- Sheila Wallace, patent attorney and partner at Marks & Clerk
Please register using the Eventbrite registration link below. If you have problems using Eventbrite and would prefer us to register you, please email [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help.
This event is free. So are all IP Inclusive resources. We think it’s important to keep Careers in Ideas and IP Inclusive the right side of the paywall.
That said, we do need money to keep the show on the road, so if you enjoy the event please consider contributing to our 2021-22 fundraising campaign. For individual ad hoc donations, our crowdfunding page is here. Or for more information – including for corporate sponsors – visit our general fundraising page here.Book now