We will investigate the barriers that LGBTQ+ professionals may face to being open about their sexuality or gender identity at work.
We will identify the steps that employers and workplaces can take to ensure that the professional environment is inclusive and supportive, enabling people to be themselves and to feel comfortable offering alternative perspectives and ideas.
We will also consider:
- The impact of visible LGBTQ+ role models in the workplace
- The progress that we have seen in the workplace, and where our energies should be focused next
- The gap between inclusive policies and procedures, and tangible action
- Understand the steps firms can take to develop a culture which allows everyone to be themselves
- How to ensure that progress doesn’t end with a written policy
- The value of diverse perspectives and experiences in the workplace
How LGBTQ+ professionals, whether or not they are currently out at work, can be supported
Meet your speakers
Triona Desmond, Pinsent Masons
Triona is an active member of the CITMA Council and is also on a number of committees.
These include the Women in IP and IP Out communities of IP Inclusive.
She is also a Stonewall Educational Role Model.
Jack Kenny, ASOS
Jack is a Trade Mark Attorney at ASOS.com, managing the IP strategies for the Topshop, Topman and Miss Selfridge brands.
Prior to joining ASOS in 2022, Jack worked at Marks & Clerk for 7 years, including a secondment to Toronto.
Outside of the office, he enjoys singing and acting in local theatre productions in London.
Anne joined Abel + Imray in 2018. Prior to joining Abel + Imray Anne worked in the Arts and Entertainment Sector primarily as a Circus Rigger.
Her rigging experience necessitated an understanding of Construction Law and LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations).
Anne gained court experience through her voluntary work with the Personal Support Unit at the Bristol Civil and Family Justice Centre.
- Payment online via debit or credit card only; proforma invoices are not available.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 12pm, Wednesday 28th February