Go beyond IP, to improve your understanding of the basic elements of contract and company law and provide the best advice to your commercial clients.
Douglas Roberts is on hand to highlight the key moments when you should seek further input from a solicitor regarding non-IP aspects of the law.
By attending this webinar, we will help you provide a more complete service to your commercial clients by furthering your own legal knowledge.
Register now to find out more about:
- The different types of companies/partnerships and how they are formed
- The role of Companies House
- What the duties of directors are
- The structure of contracts
- What is boilerplate?
- Execution and witnessing
- The common differences between English and Scottish law contracts and how they should be executed
This webinar supports skill set 3.3 contract law of the Advanced Competency Framework.
Meet your speaker
Douglas Roberts, Lindsays, Director, Corporate & Commercial
Douglas specialises in corporate, IP and commercial contract law and is experienced in advising a broad spectrum of clients, including SMEs, family businesses and start-up companies.
He has expertise working with businesses in various sectors including technology, energy supply, finance, retail, engineering and property. Douglas has particular expertise in employee ownership, having advised on a number of transactions. He also specialises in the sports sector having acted for a number of sponsors, clubs, athletes and sports organisations in various contractual matters.
- 12pm: Login available
- 12.30pm: Presentation
- 1.15pm: Q&A
- 1.30pm: End
- Member £0 (VAT exempt)
- Standard £30 (VAT exempt)
- Payment online via debit or credit card only; proforma invoices are not available.
- Full terms and conditions apply.
- Closing date: 9am, Wednesday 28th April 2021.