The Community Designs Handbook
This handbook provides a detailed description of the law and practice relating to design law in the European Union.
The Community Designs Handbook acts as a companion to the European Union Trade Mark Handbook.
It contains all the background materials and tools needed to understand and use the community design regulation.
The work takes a 'how-to' approach, taking the reader through all the various stages of registering a community design.
Each section begins with an executive summary and a content outline, followed by the detail. The commentary is procedural-based, and also includes references to UK-specific and international considerations.
- Introduction (inc representation and authorisation)
- Searching and community designs
- Making a registered community design application
- Examination: admissibility and amendments, subject-matter and morality
- Deferred publication
- Publication of registered community designs and inspection of files
- The Hague Agreement
- Invalidation – preliminaries and filing
- Invalidation – procedure
- Duration and renewal of registered community designs
- Assignments, licenses, rights in rem/security interests and other transactions relevant to community designs
- Restitutio in Integrum
- Unregistered community designs
- Overlap with trade marks
- Other parallel rights
- UK rights
- Overseas rights
- Defences to infringement
- Enforcement of a community design
- Patricia Collis
- William Jones